samedi 20 février 2016

Chicken Coca Cola

Chicken Coca Cola
I'm not a fan of Coke, I do not drink very rarely. You can imagine that I do not cook chicken coca every day ... 
But I have crossed many times this dish at the turn of virtual tours, and I admit my curiosity getting the better of my fears, I 'I tried a little improvisation with chicken and coca.
Chicken Coca Cola
for 4-5 persons : 
2 medium onions 
2 garlic cloves 
4 + thigh high chicken thighs 
50-75 cl coca cola (not light) 
3 tablespoons soy sauce 
1 small piece fresh ginger 
salt, pepper 
parsley
Cut chicken: separate the thighs of the thighs. In a pan fry the chicken pieces in a little oil over high heat to help them brown. Return them to be grilled on each side. 
Remove the chicken pieces. The book and flush fat. 
In the pan pour a little oil and brown the onions make finely chopped. When they are golden brown, add the chicken pieces. Add soy sauce, stir. Add the coca cola (chicken should be almost submerged) salt and pepper and leave 10 minutes on high heat, uncovered to reduce the liquid slightly. Reduce heat, add the crushed garlic, grated ginger. Cook over low heat, covered, for 30 to 40 minutes, turning the chicken and basting sauce. This must become syrupy. 
When the sauce has reduced, season and leave the chicken place them in a serving dish and pour sauce. Sprinkle with chopped parsley. 
Serve with rice, noodles or potato pancakes.

     
verdict: when the children saw the bottle of coke ... they were delighted when I told them I was going to cook with, they made ​​head telling me I was going to spoil the dish, they had rather than "I always cook the" weird stuff "that was not won ... 
I still cooked my chicken as I heard and when chocolator junior tasted it said" it's great! this is great! "miss chocolate holed it good but not as good as the oyster sauce chicken daddy (recipe you find on the blog) and mini chocolate miss liked. 
Mr. loved chocolate. 
I found this good, you do not feel the coke, but the sauce is caramelized, sweet / salty. It is important to take a little sauce with ginger or a little lemon to bring a bit of acidity sweet side. 
the meat is tender, flavorful. 
I saw some recipes advocated to bind the sauce with a little cornflour, mine was thick and syrupy so I did not. If it has not reduced enough or is too liquid, add a little cornflour. 
it is important to use the normal coke, not the light or zero that will not give the same texture to the sauce or the same taste because of aspartame. 
the final outcome is so much positive to redo so!
Chicken Coca Cola


My sauce is thicker than the pictures, I unfortunately could photograph the end and I was missing the sauce for my dish.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire