samedi 20 février 2016

leopard shortbread

leopard shortbread
I saw these little shortbread circulate on the web some time ago. I really liked the principle of rolled biscuit leopard and try to reproduce the same visual effect on small shortbread I liked. 
I took my recipe for shortbread bicolor and I adapted to have three colors. 
It m ' took two attempts to get the desired result. The first time I had not set colors in the same order and my biscuits were very big. 
Finally groping a bit I found the right one and I will propose today.
25 shortbread approximately : 
250 g flour 
150 g butter 
1/2 teaspoon baking powder 
100 g sugar 
1 tsp vanilla sugar 
1 pinch salt 
5 ml of water (or a little more if necessary) 
cocoa bitter
In a bowl, mix flour and yeast. Dig a fountain, pour the sugar, water and salt. Mix well.Add the softened butter cut into small pieces. 
Knead with fingertips until smooth. 
Divide dough into three pieces (two large and one smaller) 
In the small piece add 2 teaspoons of cocoa bitter or even three to get a nice dark color, in another hand add a teaspoon of cocoa to get a light brown color. knead well to mix. 
Chill the three balls if necessary 1/2 hour.
Shaping : 
Shaping 6 for socks with dark paste. Re server.Avec light brown paste shape 6 sausages and flatten them (if they are not well straight it does not matter) I use plastic wrap and I put my dough between two sheets of film to flatten the roll without the dough from sticking to the latter. Ask dark strands in the bands of light brown paste and wrap the whole (warning light brown dough should not completely cover the dark dough to the final visual effect see photo # 8 below) 
With the dough confectionery also form large rectangles and wrap each white rectangle around each previous roll (dark + light brown) put six rolls ended each other to form a round nickname. If you still have the light brown paste wrap the dough around the roller. Then pack everything in plastic wrap. Squeeze a little so that the pieces are welded together well by rolling gently. 
Allow to cool for 1/2 to 1 hour. 
When the dough a little hard but not too take the roll and give it a nice round in the rolling gently in his hands. 
If he put the softened too cool otherwise cut slices of a few mm thick and arrange on a baking sheet covered with baking paper. 
bake for 10-12 minutes in a 180 ° preheated oven.
        
leopard shortbread
At the exit of the furnace must still be a little soft they harden thereafter. They should not darken but keep their original color. 
The cookies will keep several days in an iron box
leopard shortbread
I think this is Sabine's blog "candied banana" which launched the idea of ​​these shortbread. I took the visual adapting my recipe ...
leopard shortbread
Highly appreciated by chocolator junior, but less by girls who have liked the look (I think they had an overdose of shortbread this winter, and my leopard biscuits were a little too ...)


leopard shortbread

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire